WOCN Membership Categories, Pricing and Benefits
Full Member – $145
Full membership may be granted to a WOC nurse who supports the purposes, mission and goals of the Society. Full Members in good standing are entitled to all the rights and privileges of membership. Except as provided in Article III, Section 3 of the Society Bylaws, Full Members may make motions, vote and serve on committees and on the Board of Directors.
Allied Member – $75
Allied membership may be granted to any other individual professional working in the field of wound, ostomy or continence care that supports the purpose, mission and goals of the Society. Allied Members may not make motions, vote, or serve on the Board of Directors and have limited member benefits. They may serve on committees with approval from the Board of Directors.
*Allied Members will not receive the subscription or online access to the Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN).
Student – $65
Student nurse membership may be granted to any individual who is a full-time student studying to become a registered nurse (this shall include those individuals pursuing an Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science Degree, enrolled in a Diploma Program or attending a WOCN accredited educational program). Student Members may not make motions, vote or serve on the Board of Directors. They may serve on a committee with approval from the Board of Directors.
Retired – $65
Retired membership may be granted to any individual who is eligible to be a Full Member and who is permanently retired from employment but continues to support the purpose, mission and goals of the Society. Except as provided in Article III, Section 3 of the Society Bylaws, Retired Members have the right to make motions, vote, and serve on committees and on the Board of Directors.
(Click here to print a membership form if you are unable to complete the online process.)
Corporate membership may be granted to any health related corporation or organization that supports the mission and goals of the Society. Corporate Members may not make motions, vote, or serve on a committee or on the Board of Directors.
The WOCN Society offers many educational resources and learning opportunities to members such as:
- Members-only Empowerment Section:
- Image Library – contains images related to the care of wound, ostomy and incontinence patients and provides the opportunity to search, learn, and download the image for professional purposes.
- Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN) - bimonthly publication provides information on the latest research and practice issues. You will also have access to archived journal articles. (Excludes Allied Member category.)
- WOCNow - sent bi-weekly, this electronic newsletter-provides news and time-sensitive information.
- WOCN Society Forums
- Discounts in the WOCN Bookstore.
- WOCN Society's Library publications including: WOCN Society's Business Plan Template, Five Steps to Successful Marketing, Evidence-based Report Cards and more.
- Discounted registration fee for the WOCN Society's annual conference.
- Educational offerings through the Continuing Education Center.
- Social network opportunities, like our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages!
Click Here to learn more about the total value and savings of a WOCN Membership!
The WOCN Society qualifies as a tax-exempt organization pursuant to Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Therefore, dues to the WOCN Society are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense to the extent that they do not pertain to lobbying or political activities. We have estimated the nondeductible (lobbying) portion of your 2016 dues to be 0%. Please consult your tax advisor.