Ostomy Care Associate (OCA) Program
The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN) developed the Ostomy Care Associate (OCA) Program as a continuing education program to further empower wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) specialty nurses and to improve patient outcomes by enhancing their ostomy team.
The OCA Program prepares non-specialty nurses to provide basic ostomy care.
Why Choose the OCA Program?
- The OCA Program is an evidence-based online course that meets international guidelines for ostomy care and provides contact hours for nurses.
- Unlike other ostomy education courses, the OCA Program requires hands-on training and testing facilitated by WOCNCB-certified specialty nurse (CWOCN®, CWON®, COCN®, CWOCN-AP® or COCN-AP®).
- Pricing is designed to provide affordable ostomy care education.
- On-demand delivery platform provides flexible and accessible education.
- Program was developed and presented by internationally-recognized CWOCN leaders and educators in ostomy and fistula patient management.
- Program content provides clear delineation of role and importance of CWOCN consultation for complex ostomy or fistula patient management.
Get Started with the OCA Program
The WOCN Society is an accredited provider of CNEs through the ANCC and was awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the ANCC’s highest recognition.
The Ostomy Care Associate (OCA) Program is currently being developed and will launch in late 2017. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and read the OCA brochure.
Development of the OCA Program was funded in part by an unrestricted educational grant from Hollister, Inc.